NRF understands the importance of security teams working together to prevent organizational threats. With our Card Not Present (CNP) partnership, we ensure that cyber teams have the tools they need to effectively identify threats while working closely with their LP counterparts.
Our cyber and digital fraud attendees span across the following areas.
Organization Types: Retail, Food Retail, Hotel and Hospitality
Job Functions: Cybersecurity, IT, Risk Management, Digital Fraud
NRF Cyber and IT Councils
NRF IT and Cyber-related Councils:
IT Security Council
This council, also known as the ITSC, is designed for retail sector cybersecurity leaders and technical experts who exchange information on current cyber threats and industry best practices.
Open to the most senior technology executive within NRF member retail companies. Participants share the goal of improving the knowledge, standing and influence of retail technology leaders. The council currently consists of more than 140 CIOs and CTOs, representing a broad cross-section of retail member companies.
Technology Leadership Council
The NRF Technology Leadership Council (“TLC”) is a subcommittee of NRF’s CIO Council for emerging technology leaders (e.g. direct reports to CIOs and CTOs) at NRF’s retail sector members. The Council provides a forum for members to engage with NRF and their retail sector peers on critical technology and business issues.
The Internal Audit and Compliance Council
Open to the most senior internal audit executive of NRF retail member companies. The Council meets twice a year to exchange best practices for optimizing the value of the internal audit function, ensuring effective internal controls and maximizing the effectiveness and efficiency of retail operations.
IT Audit Council
The IT Audit Council is comprised of senior IT auditors of NRF member companies. Members of this group meet annually to develop and exchange best practices around auditing IT systems in a retail environment. Recent meetings have focused on securing wireless networks, PCI compliance, privacy and data protection, and database security.
Payment Systems Task Force
This task force discusses matters related to card acceptance and other issues retailers face with credit and debit card associations and card acceptance networks. This task force discusses the latest payments trends and payments from the retailers' perspective.
Industry Partner: Card Not Present (CNP)
NRF PROTECT content partner Card Not Present® generates original news, information, education and inspiration for and about the companies and people operating in the card not present space focusing on the payments industry.
Examples of NRF/CNP cyber and digital fraud titles in our network
- Advisory Cybersecurity & Privacy Principal
- AVP, Cybersecurity Technology
- Chief Audit Executive
- Chief Digital Security Officer
- Chief Information Officer, CIO
- Chief Information Security Officer, CISO
- Chief Technology Officer, CTO
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Strategy Lead
- Deputy Chief Information Security Officer
- Digital LP Analyst - Cyber Security
- Director – Information Security Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Director – Operations, Infrastructure and Security
- Director Cyber Experience
- Director Information Technology, Solutions Delivery
- Director of Cybersecurity and Loss Prevention
- Director of Cybersecurity Operatoins
- Director of Data Security
- Director of Internal Audit - VP of internal Audit
- Director, Cyber Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Director, Data Privacy
- Director, Enterprise Security
- Director, Information Security and Compliance
- Executive Director, GIRS Identity Security
- Head of Global Infrastructure Services
- Head of IT Delivery
- IT Security Manager
- Manager – Risk & Enterprise Information Security Compliance
- Retail Chief Architect
- Security and Compliance Analyst
- Senior Director, Product Security Integration
- Senior IT Security Analyst
- Senior Lead, Incident Response
- Senior Vice President of Information Technology
- Sr. Director, Information Security, Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Sr. Mgr. IT - Infrastructure, Security, & Support
- Systems Analyst
- Vice President of Enterprise Data Services
- Vice President Retail Technology
- Vice President, Cybersecurity
- Vice President, Global Technology Services & Enterprise Architecture
- VP Infrastructure & Information Security
- VP of IT
- VP, Information Security
- Vulnerability Management Program Manager
Examples of companies that participate in NRF/CNP Cyber and digital fraud activities
- Aaron's, Inc.
- Abercrombie & Fitch Co.
- Ahold Delhaize / Retail Business Services
- Almacenes Siman, S. A. De C.V.
- Amazon.Com, Inc.
- American Eagle Outfitters
- American Sale
- American Tire Distributors
- Ashley Stewart, Inc.
- Barnes & Noble College
- Bath & Body Works
- Bealls, Inc.
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Belk, Inc.
- Best Buy Co., Inc.
- Bestday Travel Group
- Big 5 Sporting Goods
- Big Fish Games
- Big Lots
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Bloomin' Brands Inc.
- Bob's Discount Furniture
- Books-A-Million Inc.
- Boscov's Department Store, LLC
- Brandsmart USA
- Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc.
- Canada Goose
- Canadian Tire
- Carhartt, Inc.
- Carter's Retail Inc.
- Chick-Fil-A, Inc.
- Chico's FAS Inc.
- Citi Trends
- City Pass, Inc.
- CKE Restaurants, Inc.
- Claire's Stores, Inc.
- Cost Plus World Market
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc.
- Darden Restaurants, Inc.
- David Yurman
- Deckers Brands
- Denny's Inc.
- Designer Brands
- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc.
- Dillard's Inc.
- Dine Brands Global
- Discover Financial Services
- Disney Consumer Products, Inc.
- Dunkin Brands, Inc.
- Estee Lauder Companies
- Express Inc.
- Fast Retailing Usa, Inc.
- Femsa Comercio
- Finish Line, Inc.
- Five Below
- Floor And Decor
- Four Seasons General Merchandise
- Gap Inc.
- Genesco Inc.
- Giant Food Llc
- H Mart Company
- Half Price Books
- Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc.
- H-E-B Grocery Co.
- Helzberg Diamond Shops, Inc.
- Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.
- HSN, Inc.
- Hudson's Bay Company
- Hy-Vee, Inc.
- Inspire Brands, Inc.
- International Flavors & Fragrances
- J. Crew Group Inc.
- Jack In The Box Inc.
- James Free Jewelers
- Jo-Ann Stores, Llc
- Jr Dunn Jewelers
- Kering Americas, Inc.
- Kohl'S Corporation
- Kroger Co.
- L.L. Bean Inc.
- La-Z-Boy Incorporated
- Peet's Coffe & Tea
- Perry Ellis International, Inc.
- Petsmart, Inc.
- Pier 1 Imports
- Pilot Flying J
- Qurate Retail Group
- Rack Room
- Ralph Lauren Corporation
- Tapestry, Inc.
- Tiffany & Co.
- Total Wine & More
- Tractor Supply Company
- Ulta Beauty
- Under Armour Inc.
- Victoria'S Secret
- Williams Sonoma Inc.
- Yum! Brands, Inc.